[Tagging] Proposed rewrite Of highway=track wiki page - Third Draft

Zeke Farwell ezekielf at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 15:13:09 UTC 2021

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 2:32 AM Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net>
wrote:

> In the 'Access' section, I'd upgrade "adding explicit access tags is
> helpful" to "...is strongly recommended".

I prefer stronger language here as well.  In the first draft the 'Access'
section led off with "Explicit access=* tags are recommended...".  I
received feedback that this language was too strong and would encourage
mappers to add fictional access tags.   I think I have overcorrected
though.  As the sentence now starts with "If you have local knowledge or
can do a survey to obtain ground truth, ..."  there should be no issue
finishing with the stronger phrase "... adding explicit access tags is
strongly recommended."