[Tagging] RFC - facade gardens

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 07:22:48 UTC 2021

In Dutch it's called a "geveltuintje", that is, a little 'garden' near a
facade.

Without the diminutive of endearment, it's a small plant bed, just big
enough for a few shrubs or flowers. I have seen miniature windmills, wooden
shoes and garden gnomes in some, though. It's a decorative thing in inner
cities, mostly, though advocates see all kinds of other benefits for
insect life and water management (rain water should go into the ground, not
into the sewer system).

Peter Elderson