[Tagging] Proposed rewrite Of highway=track wiki page - Third Draft

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Thu Apr 8 13:46:22 UTC 2021

On Thu, Apr 08, 2021 at 10:54:03AM +0200, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging wrote:
> > But we do agree that access tags are only applicable where explicitly
> > posted right?
> >
> Do you consider closed gate as "explicitly posted"?

Yep

> What about sign on entrance to national part "leaving trails is not allowed
> without permission from national park management"?

Would be fine. As long as its observable by anyone - Or visible in
Mapillary whatever images. I am happy.

What i see a lot is people sprinkling tons of access tags on any
way they seem fit. And they do so by claiming "the more the better":

	"I dont think someone should use this"
	"I wouldnt use this"
	"I wouldnt sent a lorry in here"
	"I wouldnt bike here"

But nothing observable validating this claim. And its always a fight
to validate the opposite and removing it. Quick to add, hard to remove.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                     f at zz.de