[Tagging] lifeguard_hours and opening_hours was Re: How to tag Seasonal only presence?

Bert -Araali- Van Opstal bert.araali.afritastic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 10:20:56 UTC 2021

I agree, if seasonal is added to a beach together with lifeguard and a
seasonal key is added this makes the beach seasonal.
Anyway, if seasonal=* would be used, many parts of the world (around the
equator) don't have four seasons like summer/autumn/winter/spring.  So
if you would add a seasonal key with more then just a boolean, you need
to add dry and wet seasons.  Dry and wet seasons can be multiple during
a year and have no fixed length, appear at different times dependent on
the region, so just referring to the name of the season won't give you
an exact time frame.

So adding some seasonal key or opening hours specifically for the
lifeguard could work. Instead of using a new key or value, I would
prefer a namespace to link the seasonal key or opening hours to the
lifeguard.

Like:

lifeguard:seasonal=yes/no or summer/autumn/winter/spring/wet/dry. (not
deterministic in many cases)

lifeguard:opening_hours=Mar-Sep; Ma-Fr 8:00-17:00; Sa-Su 8:00-20:00
(deterministic)

I also see nothing wrong in using both as this might be interesting for
tourists since many of them forget when a season actually appears in a
specific region.

Greetings,

Bert Araali