[Tagging] Place of worship key - approved?

nathan case nathancase at outlook.com
Fri Apr 16 12:38:21 UTC 2021

Hi all,

With the approval of place_of_worship=holy_well and the proposal of place_of_worship=mass_rock, I have created a Wiki page for "place_of_worship=*": https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:place_of_worship

I note that this is not a very well used key and most of the uses appear to be tagging mistakes (e.g. chapel, church, monastery, mosque).

I've set the status to "in use" but should it be "approved"? The key itself has never been proposed and approved, but obviously a value for the key was approved. Is it therefore approved by default?

Cheers,

Nathan