[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - shop as post-partner

Marc_marc marc_marc at mailo.com
Sat Apr 17 12:01:39 UTC 2021

Le 17.04.21 à 13:39, Robin Burek a écrit :
> Am 17.04.2021 um 13:18 schrieb Marc_marc:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Le 17.04.21 à 12:58, Robin Burek a écrit :
>>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/shop_as_post-partner

>> 48h after a rewrite ? it 's a little too fast.
>
> rewording..... In the end, only post_partner was replaced by post_office.
>
>> i only warn talk-fr about the new version right now (and with
>> 7000 objets, it's the bigger use of the current tag which is in
>> conflict with the proposal)
>> ther sentence "The tag post_office is approved for tagging post
>> offices, that can not marked as amenity=post_office" is an issue
>> because in France, post_office is also used for tagging post offices
>> to refine amenity=post_office.
> No, there is used post_office:type=* - not post_office=*. post_office=*
> ist only used nine times in france.
> "post_office" are not "post_office:type" (mho)

in this case why using "post_office:type=post_partner" in
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/shop_as_post-partner#Tagging
?

it's really confusing how you would have to map a shop-post-partner
in France, dealing with 2 brands
for "LaPoste", it would be amenity=post_office post_office:type=post_partner
and to map the brand, we used brand :-)
except that your proposal says to use post_office for the brand,
but only if it is not an amenity=post_office... so not for in France.
so whitch key ? the proposal complicates the situation instead of
bringing things closer together on both sides of the border

I feel like it would be much more consistent and simple:
- to remove the obligation "only if it's not amenity=post_office"
in order to leave this criterion to the choice of the local communities
(we had already discussed this in the previous version)
- use brand if you want to fill in the brand :)
-- either directly brand when the object represents only the postal
service (case in France)
-- or in case of an object mixing 2 things (the brand of the shop and
the brand of the postal service as you seem to want in Germany, the
simplest seems to me to use the namespace post_office:bramd

the order for ref is also strange, it's often ref:<otherkey>=*
and not post_office:ref=* nor post_office:ref:<brand>=*

Regards,
Marc