[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (Electric) Scooters

Jan Michel jan at mueschelsoft.de
Sun Apr 18 09:25:03 UTC 2021

Hi,

a while ago I started to write a proposal for small electric vehicles.
We split that up into bicycles (which got approved almost a year ago)
and other types of electric vehicles, mainly in the category of
'scooters'. As we found out, the term 'scooter' is a particularly bad
choice because it can refer to very different kinds of vehicles. This
ambiguity even stands after translating the term in other languages,
e.g. the German word "Roller" has the same issue. What makes it even
worse is the fact that different people have a different understanding
of the word, and sometimes are surprised that there is a second meaning.

The current version of the proposal can be found here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/ElectricScooters

Please feel free to comment.
If you have suggestions for better terms for the tags - very good! I
don't think we've found the best ones yet.

Jan