[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (Electric) Scooters

Minh Nguyen minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us
Mon Apr 19 01:48:26 UTC 2021

Vào lúc 03:20 2021-04-18, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging đã viết:
> Note that in many cases mobility scooters are legally considered to be
> pedestrians,
> or de facto equivalent to pedestrians.
>
> Maybe even in all cases? When this new key would be needed?

In California, electric kick scooters are required to go in the bike
lane if there's a bike lane and the speed limit is at most 25 mph. The
law distinguishes electric kick scooters from unmotorized kick scooters.
Enforcement is entirely another matter.

https://sf.curbed.com/2018/4/5/17202690/electric-scooters-san-francisco-facts-info-how-to

In the San Francisco Bay Area, I sometimes see facilities designated for
rentable electric kick scooters, but signs use "scooter" as shorthand.
It's unlikely that someone would mistake it for a Vespa parking lot, but
I suppose someone could use it to park their personal kick scooter if
they aren't worried about it getting stolen.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/689853427
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Boccardo_Gate_scooter_parking,_San_José_State_University,_view_from_South_4th_Street.jpg
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Boccardo_Gate_scooter_parking,_San_José_State_University,_view_from_Paseo_de_San_Carlos.jpg

This sign in Ohio bans all kick scooters along with the self-balancing
scooters known as "hoverboards". It's a one-off sign on private
property; I don't think this specific sign is common, but variations
surely exist elsewhere.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sidewalk_access_restrictions_at_Loveland_Station_Apartments,_Loveland,_Ohio.jpg

minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us