[Tagging] Place of worship key - approved?

nathan case nathancase at outlook.com
Mon Apr 19 19:27:59 UTC 2021

Sure - and that is already discussed in the amenity=place_of_worship documentation (with no mention of using place_of_amenity=*):

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dplace_of_worship#Buildings

But maybe what you're saying is that isn't good enough? In which case, I think there's a potential argument to use place_of_worship=chapel in that way. It's just never been discussed/proposed/documented (hence this discussion).

Cheers.