[Tagging] Proposed rewrite Of highway=track wiki page - Third Draft

Zeke Farwell ezekielf at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 14:53:25 UTC 2021

On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 10:34 AM Marc_marc <marc_marc at mailo.com> wrote:

> I think it is up to the authors to make the summary that should
> have been written as a comment to the wiki modification.

Fair enough, Marc.  I consider the External discussions
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dtrack#External_discussions>
section to be the explanation for the change.   There is a lot of
conversation to read through and I certainly don't expect anyone to read
through it if they don't want to.  You're right that diff is not
understandable since it is a complete rewrite of the page.  I should have
left a longer summary on the change.  I'd be happy to do that now, but I
don't see a way to change the comment retroactively.

On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 10:06 AM Adam Franco <adamfranco at gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the best mechanism to notify non-English communities about this
> revision and encourage updating the other-language versions?

I'm not sure about this.  I see a major issue with translated wiki pages in
general.  More often than not they aren't actually direct translations and
can have an entirely different page structure with country or region
specific information.  Seems like in addition to translations of pages we
need better places to put this country/region specific information.