[Tagging] Tagging proposals: What's the exact time for start/end?

Brian M. Sperlongano zelonewolf at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 13:49:31 UTC 2021

For most proposals, the majority of the voting happens in the first few
days, and just after it's mentioned in the weeklyOSM.  By the time the end
of the 2-week period comes around, most people have forgotten it and voting
has dwindled off.

For this proposal, votes were still rolling in at a healthy pace on the
last day of voting, and it's still being debated actively on Telegram
groups and in the forums.  Given that the current vote (around 50% in
favor/opposed) is far short of the threshold needed for approval, there is
absolutely no harm in the author holding it open longer in order to
continue to collect information on people's support and/or opposition, in
order to inform future attempts/revisions.  I see it as perfectly fine to
continue adding votes past the stated end date.  The vote can be officially
closed later once activity dries up.