[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - amenity=clubhouse

nathan case nathancase at outlook.com
Wed Apr 21 14:19:05 UTC 2021

Dear all,

Voting has started for amenity=clubhouse (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/clubhouse)

The main concerns raised during the RFC were:

  *   Lack of distinction from a community centre.

Some may feel that a clubhouse is not distinct from a community centre. However, I fundamentally disagree with this (as did numerous on this list) hence the proposal for its own tag. I have given my reasoning on the discussion page.

  *   Clubs vs clubhouse.

It was pointed out that some editors and editing tools use "club=" on a whole area, which may include the clubhouse. I think this proposal gives us a way of more clearly defining mapping clubs by allowing us to tag multiple "things" (e.g. clubhouse, pitches, car parks) etc will all belong to a club. However discussion of the merits of different tagging schemes was not part of the proposal.

  *   There is perhaps some ambiguity with other uses of the word "clubhouse".

It's possible, but there was no widespread indication of this and I think the terminology is fairly clear in British English.

  *   POI used as a node, not on buildings.

It was pointed out that, in some locales, it is discouraged to merge POIs with buildings. The proposal was updated to reflect this.

Thanks.

Nathan