[Tagging] Deprecation of landuse=forest

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 07:26:59 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 21 Apr 2021, at 16:36, Zeke Farwell <ezekielf at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It doesn't matter much to me what specific key and value is defined to mean "area used for timber production or other forestry purpose, regardless of current tree cover".

neither does it to me, I’m not even sure we must have a dedicated category for it, the alternative is asking people with this specific interest to look for several different tags in order to get a reasonably complete answer.
In particular, “timber production” isn’t the only reason for forestry, other purposes that come to mind are paper production, christmas tree production, protecting the soil from erosion, wind protection, CO2 compensation, wildlife habitat protection, landscape design, and likely more.

Cheers Martin