[Tagging] remove “rendering” from proposal template

Marc_marc marc_marc at mailo.com
Sat Apr 24 18:45:56 UTC 2021

Hello,

Le 24.04.21 à 20:18, Brian M. Sperlongano a écrit :
> just an impact statement and/or transition plan

how could a proposal decide what is not within its scope ?
you can have a proposal with 1000 yes voters and 0 against,
if osmcarto (or any other style) thinks that there is not enough
object or that it is "not material" (like for the clubs rendering),
the only thing you can say is "osmcarto will decide and not the proposal".
so making this point mandatory only reinforces the immobility, which
is unfortunately already over-represented in the "permanent voters".

as much as I find it interesting that the wiki contains icon proposals
to inspire or facilitate the different styles, I find that it has no
place in a "proposed feature": we don't vote on a rendering and talking
about rendering is confusing or misleading, at least in the current
state of governance of the different styles.

Regards,
Marc