[Tagging] remove “rendering” from proposal template

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Sat Apr 24 20:07:26 UTC 2021

This "(Suggested) Rendering" section in a Proposal is like a wormhole between galaxies.  It must be an optional section (to the Proposal itself), as it isn't the proper place for a Proposal author to "command" (with an Approval) ANY specific rendering.  Hence, it must be explicitly stated this section should not affect voting (Approve or Oppose).  Yet the section can also be a fruitful place to foster both understanding of associated issues while offering well-considered possibilities of dealing with them — by BOTH tagging pedants like us AND renderer authors, who should and do care.

The "(Suggested) Rendering" section becomes a "special place" in a Proposal that does all those things we want it to.  And, we continue to discuss here and now how it might best additionally address even more related issues — is that all of them?

Or, maybe we are about done and hammer out actual words to do all of this.  I think we're closer.  (And I enjoy participating, this is both kind of tricky and fun!)