[Tagging] surface=gravel problems

Bert -Araali- Van Opstal bert.araali.afritastic at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 19:38:15 UTC 2021

The only way or solution I can think about is to provide just sufficient
data so external programs, like routers, renderers or other data
consumers have sufficient information to conduct a risk assessment, be
conclusive, as is common and a proven concept in other applications.

The data required for a risk assessment is the type of risk itself and
it's source, to determine on what type of users it has an impact and how
the risk factor can be reduced or mitigated completely.
To determine the severity, for all kinds of road users, you need the
frequency and severity of the risk.

This will allow applications to apply a risk assessment and calculate a
residual risk, which is up to the user to determine if it's an
acceptable residual risk for his or her use case.

Tried to describe how this could be tagged in my previous mail in this
thread.

I am very willing to make a pre-draft and with some support from others
come to a proposal which we can take for RFC and voting in the broader
community.  My internet resources are too limited to do this on my own.

Greetings,

Bert Araali