[Tagging] Proposed rewrite Of highway=track wiki page - Third Draft

Brian M. Sperlongano zelonewolf at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 14:31:19 UTC 2021

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:26 AM Saeed Hubaishan <hubaishan at outlook.sa>
wrote:

> I would like to handling tagging of a ways shared between tracks and
> intermittent waterways it is very common in Yemen and Middle East. There
> are not an official method to tagging this

I have found cases of these in the western United States as well.  I
actually submitted a JOSM ticket suggesting that it's okay for
highway=track/path to share tagging with waterway=stream+intermittent=yes.
Certainly they could be separated to be separate objects, but I agree
there's no documented tagging method for these cases.

https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/20569