[Tagging] Proposed rewrite Of highway=track wiki page - Third Draft

Bert -Araali- Van Opstal bert.araali.afritastic at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 15:15:32 UTC 2021

We also have lots of these.  We map them as 2 separate ways, since in
most cases some trace can be found at the start or end of the shared way
where the waterway doesn't run along the road.
The section of the road that is shared with the waterway is often tagged
as ford=yes, and seasonal tagging might also be applied.
This reflects mostly the situation in reality, as these "streams" are
mostly intermittent and don't cover the whole width of the road, but run
along it or cross it at several points (crossing points all tagged as
ford=yes).
Why is it so important that they share the same way ?

Greetings,

Bert Araali