[Tagging] Proposed rewrite Of highway=track wiki page - Third Draft

Tod Fitch tod at fitchfamily.org
Fri Apr 30 17:22:48 UTC 2021

Concur with single way tagged for both an intermittent waterway and for highway=track/path. It certainly is one feature on the ground so should have one object in OSM to model it.

For what it is worth, I was in Joshua Tree National Park this week and on some trails that routed along the washes (“wash” being a regional term for an ephemeral waterway in the desert). The park service has installed route direction posts along these where the trail enters and exits each wash and sometimes along a wash where two washes come together and it would not be obvious which one to follow. While on sections of the trail which are in a wash it is impossible to see a difference between the (dry) waterway and the trail: It is one and the same.