[Tagging] How to tag recreational route with multiple route types?

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 18:21:32 UTC 2021

The thought is: If all the ways in two route relations are the same, the relation objects are structurally the same. The difference is in the route tag and in the network tag. If these two tags can have value lists, you can use one relation.

Two relations each with its own network tag and route tag will also work fine in all tools and applications. I think JOSM has/had a validation (warning) about this. You can safely ignore that.

Peter Elderson