[Tagging] type=* tags on trees

Minh Nguyen minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us
Thu Aug 19 03:13:09 UTC 2021

Vào lúc 18:46 2021-08-18, Casper Kersten đã viết:
> Really most of these tags are things like type=birch, type=beech,
> type=baobab, type=Baobab, type=fig_tree, type=linden, type=Mango Tree,
> type=olive, type=Olive, type=Olive tree, type=Olive treee (yes, with
> eee) etc etc etc. I am asking here for the autonomy to update these tags
> that are nearly all used between 1 and 25 times to established keys like
> genus & species without having to drown myself in bureaucracy for each
> of these 630 type=* tags that shouldn't exist on trees anyway.

That's all this is about, the long tail of very rare, clearly mistaken
type=* values? You already have the autonomy to do that. Presumably,
dealing with each of these values would necessitate manual review of a
handful of features at a time, rather than any kind of large-scale find
and replace or Overpass query. I can't think of any bureaucratic process
that could hold you up, as long as you don't annoy mappers in other ways
like with unnecessary globe-spanning changeset bboxes. Thanks for taking
the time to discuss your plans with the list though.

minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us