[Tagging] type=* tags on trees

Casper Kersten casperkersten1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 22:19:22 UTC 2021

I already listed the most common replacements in my first message. The
others will be very similar in nature and I refuse to make a Wiki page for
630 tags that just have to be changes once, unless someone can automate
that process. Nobody cares that much about erroneous, rare and ancient tags
that much, or else I would have heard from it when I fixed the
type=broad_leaved, type=needleleaved etc months ago.

More interestingly, Mateusz said in Discord that there could be conflicting
tags on objects, such as type=broadleaved + leaf_type=needleleaved. What
shall I do with cases like that?

1) Purge them from my downloaded data and do nothing with them
2) Remove the erroneous type=* tags (my preferred choice)
3) Check which one is more recent and remove the other
4) Add a fixme=* tag and don't change the existing tags