[Tagging] type=* tags on trees

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sat Aug 21 12:53:32 UTC 2021

Aug 21, 2021, 00:19 by casperkersten1 at gmail.com:

> I already listed the most common replacements in my first message. The others will be very similar in nature and I refuse to make a Wiki page for 630 tags that just have to be changes once, unless someone can automate that process.

Then lest handle first the most popular with listed replacements

> More interestingly, Mateusz said in Discord that there could be conflicting tags on objects, such as type=broadleaved + leaf_type=needleleaved. What shall I do with cases like that?
> 1) Purge them from my downloaded data and do nothing with them
> 2) Remove the erroneous type=* tags (my preferred choice)
> 3) Check which one is more recent and remove the other
> 4) Add a fixme=* tag and don't change the existing tags

When I cleanup tags and run into any nonobvious situations I open note so
local mappers can resurvey it, or edit remotely with a better local knowledge
instead of editing tags.

Also, sometimes I comment on relevant changesets and ask what mapper meant.