[Tagging] maxspeed=* on public transport service routes

Minh Nguyen minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us
Mon Aug 30 22:16:17 UTC 2021

Vào lúc 11:11 2021-08-30, Michael Tsang đã viết:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to add maxspeed=225 onto a type=route_master for a high speed
> service to specify that the trains running on it only run at most 225 km/h
> (where the railway itself supports 300 km/h operation and some other trains
> run at the speed).

Are these signposted speed limits, physical limitations in the vehicles'
capabilities, or scheduling constraints? I've only ever tagged maxspeed
on railway ways to represent signposted speed restrictions. [1]

> This can also be used on any other kind of public transport as well, for
> example, maxspeed=70 on bus routes where the buses themselves are restricted
> to 70 km/h even on motorways with maxspeed=110.

Wouldn't this be an access-dependent speed limit rather than a
route-dependent speed limit? maxspeed:bus on a highway way would be more
readily consumable than maxspeed on a route or route_master relation.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_speed_limits_in_the_United_States

minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us