[Tagging] reduction of the number of different keys talking about booking.com

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 00:09:15 UTC 2021

On Sun, 31 Jan 2021 at 23:53, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I just checked with current maps.me data and found the hotel/B&B in the
> Colosseum. Interestingly it doesn’t show up on the current map on
> booking.com. It isn’t in OpenStreetMap either. But a B&B that apparently
> isn’t in Booking but in OpenStreetMap, is displayed. Are there features of
> the same kind and from different sources, including OpenStreetMap, on the
> map?

The only sources I know that are used by maps.me are OSM and
bookings.com.  But it's been a year or two since I last looked and
I could have missed something anyway.

My best guess is that it was in bookings.com at one point, they forced
it on maps.me, it was later removed from bookings.com (or moved
to its correct location) but bookings.com didn't clean up on maps.me.
Leaving a ghost on maps.me.  But I'm probably completely wrong about
that.  Whatever the reason, the behaviour does not inspire
confidence.

--
Paul