[Tagging] Tag for number of flats

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 10:20:42 UTC 2021

On Mon, 1 Feb 2021 at 10:13, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > On 1 Feb 2021, at 08:26, Florian Lohoff <f at zz.de> wrote:
> >
> > Unit is a lot more generic and this may cause people to abuse it
> > for commercial units or dont tag it at all.
>
> using it for commercial units would be intended and not an abuse, from my
> point of view
>

>From my experience of the UK, I see "unit" used for commercial and
industrial purposes, not residential ones.  A residential or commercial
unit may be an individual building in an industrial estate or commercial
estate, or it may be an independent portion of a larger building.  I don't
recall seeing residential portions of a building described as units,
just flats.  For all I know, real estate agents may call those residential
places units when they talk amongst themselves but I don't recall
seeing the term unit used for residences in public-facing
documents.

--
Paul