[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - landuse bush

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 10:00:07 UTC 2021

On 5/2/21 8:49 pm, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging wrote:

> Feb 5, 2021, 09:52 by f at zz.de:
>
>     For me its either used as a forest for logging - Then its a
>     landuse=forest or its a nature reserve then its a natural=wood.
>
>     It cant be both.
>
> https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wsp%C3%B3lnota_Le%C5%9Bna_Uprawnionych_O%C5%9Bmiu_Wsi
> group legally entitled to logging within TPN national forest on land
> they own
>
> Logging in Białowieża National Park was a recent controversy.
>
> It seems to not be unique to Poland, see for example
> https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/24/climate/tongass-logging.html
>
> Reality is rarely that simple.

In some places it is that simple.

In other places it is not.

OSM does not do mixed landuses at all.

For instance a large portion of Australia is used as a missile range -
and tagged with landuse=military IIRC.

The are is also used for cattle raising!

There are a number of farms on it.. they  all have under ground shelters
for when tests are conducted.. they do get used to store stuff to keep
it cool... beer and wine are popular items in the shelters.

And I am told in Queensland Australia some National Parks are used for
logging... not certain I believe that, but that is what I have been told.