[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - landuse bush

Vincent van Duijnhoven vincenttemp at vanduijnhoven.xyz
Sat Feb 6 11:56:41 UTC 2021

Maybe as an addition, that also removes the potential confusion between using the tags, natural, landuse or landcover. landuse and natural (and sometimes leisure) should be used to map a feature or use. Landcover should then be added as a secondary tag to describe the landcover (sort of on a broader scale).

Landcover is also something that easily be added my mapping software automatically (depending on the values for landcover). Landuse=grass can automatically get the landcover=grass, place=ocean (area) can automatically get the landcover ocean and so on. Some features might require manual adding of the landcover tag because they are more complex.

6 feb. 2021 12:45 van tagging at openstreetmap.org: