[Tagging] Is landuse=winter_sports a ‘de facto’ tag for ski areas?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 01:24:53 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 6 Feb 2021, at 10:10, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>
> (landuse=flowerbed inside landuse=industrial inside landuse=military
> that partially overlaps with landuse=forest is a valid tagging,
> even if I would select different key for landuse=flowerbed)

I agree that landuse is not suitable for many/most places where winter sport facilities are present. We can map the infrastructure like aerialways and the piste, for creating sites by combining them we could use a relation. Ski resorts can be mapped with a leasure tag, we map hotels and restaurants, wintersport seems orthogonal to our common landuse classes.

Cheers Martin