[Tagging] Deprecation - waterway=riverbank vs water=river

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 13:57:59 UTC 2021

Am Mi., 10. Feb. 2021 um 14:39 Uhr schrieb Tomas Straupis <
tomasstraupis at gmail.com>:

> P.S. Most water=river usage is generated by rogue behaviour of iD
> coders who push their own opinion on different tags and force
> unknowing users to change tags by lying about "deprecated" tags.

Rather than "lying" it seems they are interpreting the situation
differently. The deprecation of waterway=riverbank was voted upon and
"decided" in this proposal:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Water_details

But I agree that it doesn't mean, the tag is now deprecated ;-)

Cheers
Martin