[Tagging] Deprecation - waterway=riverbank vs water=river

Martin Machyna machyna at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 15:18:39 UTC 2021

This is a textbook tagging for renderer. There is no reason why the
whole OSM is supposed adapt to the needs of some Lithuanian tool when we
don't do it in other cases. There was 10 years time to update the tools
if it hasn't been done then that seems to me like a stale project.

There are clearly gains by reducing the duplication to water=river, but
I don't see any advantage to keep both other than someone's personal
convenience.