[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - shop as post-partner

Robin Burek robin.burek at gmx.de
Mon Feb 15 18:04:54 UTC 2021

Am 15.02.2021 um 17:31 schrieb Marc_marc:
> - hoto decribe the service : the current DeFacto tag is post_office:type and despite I dislike the meaningless :type suffix, splitting every value in its own tag isn't a improvement.

And post_office:type is only when you have post office. (" of amenity
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:amenity>=post_office
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dpost_office>
specifying the type of post office." ;) )  So there are banks and
restaurants where you can collect and send your parcels on the regular
counter -> amenity=bank;post_office don't work, also the branding....
So because this problem we decided to use an own tag. Also it isn't
possible to describe multiple postal service provider or disribe the in
a shop/amenity offered services.

> the "upper" problem is probably defining what a post office is: is a POI dealing only with parcels a post office? and a POI dealing only with business mail? only public service operators when a country is under this regime? etc.
There are supermarkets where you can buy stamps of an local postal
service provider on the normal pay desk. There also post_office dont
fit....Â