[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - shrubbery

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 22:03:28 UTC 2021

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 at 19:39, Vincent van Duijnhoven <
vvanduijnhoven at outlook.com> wrote:

> Based on the discussion on landuse=shrubs|bush, I created a new proposal
> for shrubbery. This proposal proposes the tag natural=shrubbery with as
> definition: "An area of cultivated decorative shrubs or bushes"

The biggest problem I have with this is that "shrubbery" does not mean
a grouping of shrubs.  A shrubbery (note the indefinite
article is a garden feature which consists of shrubs and a path
to walk by/through them.  In the case of shrubs which
completely fill an area and act as a barrier to prevent
passage, it would be correct to say "Those shrubs do
not constitute a shrubbery."

So this ought to be natural=shrubs.

--
Paul