[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - coins / notes acceptance

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Feb 22 06:35:21 UTC 2021

Feb 22, 2021, 07:12 by skquinn at rushpost.com:

> On 2/21/21 23:59, Michael Tsang wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I have a proposal "coins / notes acceptance" in RFC. This proposal indicates
>> which coins or notes are accepted by the ATM or vending machine.
>>
>> The link is at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/coins_/
>> _notes_acceptance
>>
>> Please comment on the talk page on the wiki.
>>

> Don't we already have tags for this?

Not really, see
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/coins_/_notes_acceptance
(working link) and
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:currency and
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:payment#Cash

You cannot specify
cash_in:notes=HKD 10;HKD 20;HKD 50;HKD 100
with them.

But cash_in:coins=no seems to be duplicate of payment:coins=no

On the other hand, if someone wants to tag such detail then
some of negated values using distinct tags would be weird.

Still, it seems preferable to tag also payment:coins in
addition to cash_in:coins, but...