[Tagging] Access restrictions and expressway=yes

Minh Nguyen minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us
Sat Feb 27 02:53:10 UTC 2021

Vào lúc 02:32 2021-02-23, Bert -Araali- Van Opstal đã viết:
> Back to the drawing board, is their a need or room for reviewing or
> support extending our highway=* tagging, do we need a highway review
> masterplan, highway=expressway, or is what we have sufficient... for now ?

I'm not sure we resolved every question with this thread, but hopefully
it's clear enough that expressway=* is orthogonal to motorroad=*, since
the latter is more concerned with access restrictions than the former.
If the description of a U.S.-style expressway aligns well enough with
the situation in Brazil, then there's no inherent reason to limit the
expressway=* key to the U.S. Just be careful about making extra
assumptions that would be better represented by other keys like
motorroad=* or designation=*, perhaps in combination with expressway=*.

minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us