[Tagging] RFC historic=tomb and tomb=* tags, WAS Re: RFC: tomb key

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 14:52:10 UTC 2021

On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 at 14:08, Marc_marc <marc_marc at mailo.com> wrote:

> Le 26.02.21 à 14:54, Martin Koppenhoefer a écrit :
>
> some tomb are limited to a marble slab above the grave.

 You mean something like
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Gower-Logan%20grave%20plot%20-%20geograph.org.uk%20-%201386740.jpg?uselang=en-GB

so witch value fit this kind of tomb as a whole ?

The best I could come up with when I mapped it was historic=memorial +
memorial=stele on the basis that the wikipedia article says that they
are "generally" taller than wide and that this particular one could
be regarded as a stele on top of a plinth anyway.  If it's a box
with a body in it then it's a sarcophagus.

Having just done some digging, "grave slab" might be a better
term for the less ornate examples which are just flat slabs.
There may be a better term but this is not an area in which
I have expertise.

--
Paul