[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - shop as post-partner

Bert -Araali- Van Opstal bert.araali.afritastic at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 19:31:35 UTC 2021

It was not intended as to be the one and only solution, just an example
how it was solved here long time ago with what was available at that
time, and for sure as I said before lots of room for improvement.
I totally agree, if there is a one and single same service provided,
there is nothing against using multiple values in attributes for the
same service. That isn't feasible in many multi-disciplinary places if
you try to tag them with multiple different top level keys.  But as
marc_marc said, we've passed that point.
1 or 2 nodes or even more nodes I think is best practice to be guided by
the concept if we can define the one node with a single value for the
top level key, covering all the services provided, if that isn't clear
use more nodes. Carefully consider that on a case by case bass but don't
favour or exclude one or the other, just give some guidance to make it
as simple as possible.  Attributes like brand or owner names, if the
service is identical to the one chosen as top level key, of course, go
for it.  It should be a one to many, not a many to one or many to many
relationship.
If they differ however, then you would split again, it's a different
feature in the map, a different service for which we have a different
top-level tag. It needs to be considered on a case by case basis.
At present, I would favour also to use a relation to link different
services to one single place of service, not the relationship by
manipulating and duplicating the names. Just to avoid duplicating data
but also to make the link more explicit.

Greetings,

Bert Araali