[Tagging] "Now, if we could just get it rendered"

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 00:59:13 UTC 2021

On 31/12/2020 23:31, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Thanks Andy
>
> Yes, I raised
> https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/3629, which
> then seems to have become #3688?

I think what happened was that 3629 was the "it'd be great if X
happened" issue and 3688 is the actual pull request that tried to make
that change.  It looks like it got stuck at the design of the icon, and
then needed some technical changes to catch up with other changes made,
and then got abandoned.

> I don't pretend to understand how Carto works, but from reading the
> various comments on both PRs, it would seem that everybody was happy
> with the proposed life-ring icon, but then everything has stopped again?
>
> What needs to be done to push this along, or get it re-started?

It looks like it still needs "someone to actually propose the actual
change that needs to be made" - either carrying on from
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/3688#issuecomment-596051204
and making the suggested changes, or starting from scratch.

Note that I've not been following what else is happening there so I
don't know if any other changes between March 2020 and now would need to
be take in to account.

Best Regards,

Andy