[Tagging] Marking waterway=brook as deprecated and problematic

Michael Patrick geodesy99 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 04:56:10 UTC 2021

> I would never tag a waterway that is only <20cm deep as river - no
> matter how wide it is. This does not make any sense to me whatsoever
> and I am convinced that the majority of mappers would not either.

"From its source in central Wyoming to its union with the YellowstoneRiver,
the *Powder River* is 250 *miles* long, "A *mile wide and an inch deep*;
too thick to drink and too thin to plow."

Used to live there, it's only slightly hyperbole. There are estuarine
situations where deltas occur that are dominated by cobbles and gravels
because of very low sediment loads.

Michael Patrick

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>