[Tagging] Highway=rest_area on bicycle or foot routes ?

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 20:53:36 UTC 2021

Re: "just a bench, dustbin, an (empty) information table and bicycle stand."

That's certainly not a highway=rest_area, because a rest_area always has
toilets.

Do these have a name? If not, I would just map the bench, bicycle parking,
information sign, and dustbin as separate objects. If they do have a common
name, then perhaps a new tag is needed.

I would expect a table at tourism=picnic_site which would otherwise be a
good tag to use. However, if in Germany it is really used for places with
just. bench and no tables, then it would be ok to appropriate it for your
purposes.

-- Joseph Eisenberg