[Tagging] Highway=rest_area on bicycle or foot routes ?

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 21:11:07 UTC 2021

If these are typical rest_areas for cyclists, you could consider
cycleway=rest_area.Just like highway=rest_area, but aimed at cyclists.
If tagged as an area, amenities can be microtagged as nodes within the
area. If these amenities are typical for that sort of place, just a node
should suffice.

Peter Elderson