[Tagging] Tagging Digest, Vol 135, Issue 246 Excact

St Niklaas st.niklaas at live.nl
Sat Jan 2 12:30:28 UTC 2021

Hi Andrew,

If I am not mistaken, is this your saying,
Everything has a tolerance in OSM, nothing can be measured precisely, even
the location of a man_made=survey point has some error in it. Just because
we can't map it exactly, doesn't mean we should not try to map it at all,
correct ?
What do you mean by not exactly ?
It all will come down to the level of accuracy you want to archive, for instance for a survey point (not accessible) you could use a survey technic make 2 crosslines and pin point the point (object) at home at the virtually cross.
Or take more then one survey point to locate the object you want to add.
Be aware of the precision of your tools and act accordingly, the number of tools I use to control the GPS would surprise you.

Greetz

Have and Fun Keep Mapping
In good health.