[Tagging] Highway=rest_area on bicycle or foot routes ?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 12:46:48 UTC 2021

On Sat, 2 Jan 2021 at 12:41, Philip Barnes <phil at trigpoint.me.uk> wrote:

> Rest Areas, as commonly found on continental motorways, are
> (unfortunately) very very rare in the UK. As Andy says a laybys
> certainly do not fit this description.

Many moons ago, when I encountered my first layby, I searched the wiki
for how to map it.  The only thing I could find was the page on rest areas,
which (at the time) seemed to indicate that it did indeed apply to laybys.
I wasn't overly happy with it, given the broad range of things it could
encompass, but that's all there was.  So that's how I did it.

If we ever agree on the correct tagging, I have several laybys to fix.

--
Paul