Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sat Jan 2 19:41:13 UTC 2021

Jan 2, 2021, 17:58 by kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com:

> On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 11:03 AM Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <> tagging at openstreetmap.org> > wrote:
>
>> This kind of temporary keeping no longer existing objects is commonly accepted.
>>
>> (note temporary part - mapping objects that are fully and completely gone[1] and
>> unlikely to be mapped by accident is at best extremely dubious, and deleting them is fine)
>>
>> [1] so for example it is OK to map railway tracks where some evidence of them remains
>>

> We all seem to be reading from more or less the same page, then:
>
> disused - track still present, could be put back into service with minimal work (vegetation clearance, track inspection, ...)
> abandoned - track still present, deteriorated, would need construction work (repairing washouts//slides, realigning track, removing trees, ...) before being placed in service

what you mean by "track still present"? If you mean "rails are still there" then I am pretty sure
that it is not how this tag is used, it is used rather for cases where rails are gone, sometimes
not even sleepers remain.

It also mismatches
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:railway%3Ddisused
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:railway%3Dabandoned