[Tagging] Tagging a specialized COVID-19 testing locations?

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 22:32:16 UTC 2021

The most common tag for a place where you get tested for medical problems
is healthcare=laboratory -
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:healthcare%3Dlaboratory - however
at a laboratory you do not merely have blood drawn or a test swab
collected, but the test is actually done there:

"a place which performs analysis and diagnostics (physicochemical,
biochemical, hematologic, immunological, microscopic, bacteriological,
etc.) on body fluids such as blood, urine and faeces.

A medical laboratory is usually open to the public and equipped with
measuring instruments, employing professional lab and medical staff. It may
be an independent entity or a part of a hospital or clinic."

So what should we use for a location where the nasal swabs are just
collected but not tested?

Follow-up question: how should we tag that COVID-19 testing is available?
It would be good to distinguish antigen (rapid) and PCR assays too. Such
tags could also be added to amenity=clinc or other facilities that offer
tests.

-- Joseph Eisenberg

(I've been tested for COVID-19 a total of 8 times, at two different
locations. One is the back door of a large amenity=clinic where you can be
tested in your car (or in my case, on my bike). The other is a couple of
tents set up in the far corner of a large parking lot at the shopping mall,
which is operated by the same HMO (large healthcare insurance/provider).
This tent has been there for 9 months, operating 9am to 5pm every day, and
will probably still be there another 9 months, so I would like to map it. )