Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 01:39:47 UTC 2021

On Sun, 3 Jan 2021 at 01:37, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:

> (3) "railway is gone, rail use struck from development plans,
>> embankment gone, housing estate constructed there,
>> area is not even owned by railway company"
>>

> That's one that shouldn't be mapped.  No tag necessary.

So where you have this:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=16/-28.1951/152.8978 with
railway=abandoned tagged on it.

You can see that mostly, there is absolutely no trace of the tracks, the
line crosses fields & even a couple of dams!, so yes, it would be fair to
say don't tag it at all.

But, down the bottom of that view, where the "track" curves around the bend
in the river, & then again further up to the NW, it appears that cuttings
or embankments are still there?

https://goo.gl/maps/EgFxBXBxNpFQnCu8A

So, if those still remaining bits get tagged as =abandoned, is something
going to complain that you have disconnected sections of abandoned railway?

Thanks

Graeme