[Tagging] marking man_made=campanile as deprecated

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 15:28:01 UTC 2021

This reminds me that the bell_tower tagging has a missing-default problem:
You can specify the fact that a bell_tower is free-standing by adding any
of three subtypes, but you cannot tag explicitly a non-free-standing
bell_tower.

Additionally, the fact that the GB-English habit of assigning
free-standing-ness to the Italian word "campanlie" is not known in Italy,
as "campanile" is in reality the Italian word for a generic bell_tower,
attached or free-standing (you can easily check that in any dictionary). As
an effect of this most almost all free-standing bell_tower items in Italy
are not tagged with the additional bell_tower=campanile
tower:type=bell_tower and bell_tower=campanile: 48
tower:type=bell_tower without bell_tower=* : 8878
And there are non-freestanding bell towers in Italy.
I have not to go far to find an example: the Basilica of Saint Anthony of
Padua in Padova  has even two
<https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcommons.wikimedia.org%2Fwiki%2FFile%3ABasilica_di_Sant%25C2%25B4_Antonio_di_Padova_jm56903.jpg&psig=AOvVaw1138CpTgiv1k3zqZmqeTld&ust=1609773406545000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCJjD3LqHgO4CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD>
.