[Tagging] Cartpath RFC

Steve Doerr doerr.stephen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 16:43:01 UTC 2021

On 03/01/2021 00:19, Brian M. Sperlongano wrote:
> Personally I think it's pretty silly to have to change the approved 
> key golf_cart to golf_car for the sake of British English

Me too. I'm a British English speaker and I don't recognize the 
characterization of 'golf car' as British English and 'golf cart' as 

I just did a straw poll via WhatsApp of two groups of British friends, 
asking the question: "What do you call the vehicles sometimes used by 
golfers (more commonly in America than here) to move around a golf 
course if you can’t or don’t want to walk round? ‘Golf ___s’"

Four people have so far responded...

Respondent A: Buggies? Carts?

Respondent B: Buggies

Respondent C: Buggy or buggies

Respondent D: I think it is buggy in uk but cart in the us.

Respondent C is definitely a golfer. I don't think the others are.

Note that none of them suggested 'car'!


This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.

More information about the Tagging mailing list