[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Rescue Stations

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 06:39:57 UTC 2021

The reason for the supermajority voting requirement is to show that the
proposal has achieved community consensus. Ideally proposals would get 100%
approval, but we allow a few "no" votes since there might be 1 or 2 people
with a few minor objections to a proposal, which are not significant enough
to reject it.

But if there are 4 or 5 who have serious concerns, this should be a sign
that the proposal needs more work, even if a dozen or more vote in favor.

In most cases it will be possible to rewrite a proposal, perhaps
simplifying it to focus on just 1 or 2 new tags, or in some cases expanding
it to be more clear might be needed, and then on the second attempt it is
likely to be approved if the original concerns are addressed.

-- Joseph Eisenberg