Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Jan 4 07:52:54 UTC 2021

Jan 4, 2021, 01:05 by dieterdreist at gmail.com:

> sent from a phone
>

>> On 2 Jan 2021, at 14:49, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>>
>> In my opinion clearly not, and allowing to map such objects
>> would be ridiculous.
>>
>> To be more specific, I am living in city where
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Daewoo-FSO_Polonez_Atu_Plus_on_Zygmunta_Krasi%C5%84skiego_avenue_in_Krak%C3%B3w_(1).jpg
>> photo was taken, visited this place hundreds of times,
>> it is a well known location and I was never aware
>> that this place had railway.
>>

> this is an exceptional situation IMHO, as it is inside a big city. Outside of settlements it is much more likely to find remains of former railways than it is in cities.

I fully agree, for example graded terrain or clear remain of track ballast and sleepers
are far less likely to be removed in a countryside.

Though sometimes it will be completely gone also in a countryside.

> The question is whether we are willing to accept some railway=razed to fill the gaps to have former railway routes complete, where otherwise there are some observable traces.

No, we should delete such segments (except cases where people are very likely to believe
that this section still exist due to a very recent removal).